Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another Mommy Blog?!

What!?!?! Yet another mommy blog... Eesh.

There's so many mommy blogs out there; why do I think mine is special? It may not be (but you'd be wrong)... Then again, perhaps it will appeal to you. I will try to keep it as interesting and funny (or, at least, helpful) as possible. And FYI, Ima is pronounced "ee-mah" - it's Hebrew for Mom. See what I did there?

Let's move forward. My name is Talya Woolf and I have a five month old baby boy nicknamed ElyZ. He's my pride and joy, even when he's annoying, frustrating, teething, trying to get over a cold, etc. He's adorable. YES. I am biased, but hey, it's also the truth.

Here's a little about myself. I'm 36, Jewish, an artist, attorney, and middle child. I've been married for a year and a half. I met my husband on Facebook (but I knew his sister, aunt, uncle, and cousins so it's not that weird).

I am a business and contract litigation/research attorney who works extremely part-time from home (between 2-8 hours). I am pretty lucky as well; my boss allows me to work at his office and bring the baby in! Granted, I am literally 1/3 as efficient, but it's something. My husband does web development for a men's online suit warehouse (The Suit Depot). We don't make a ton between us, so we have to be frugal with our fundage. This will come in handy for YOU... I'll give you tips and tricks on how to save money, where you can save money, and where you shouldn't (the whole 'get what you pay for' thing).

I'll be sharing what we go through with our little guy (a.k.a. Booboo Man, Booboo, ChukChuk, Tinoki Matoki). Trust me, when you know that something your baby is going through is normal, you breathe a lot easier. I have a few mommy groups on Facebook that I am a part of and THANK GOODNESS. We commiserate, share stories, frustrations, photos, laugh and cry together.

I'll probably also throw in some random stories, jokes, pictures, and complaints -- whatever I feel like. If you don't like an entry, don't read it. :D

If you have any questions, comments, or arguments, please feel free to share. If you have any suggestions as to how I can be even more frugal and smart, please let me know! I'll appreciate it, and I know my husband will as well.

Let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment