Sunday, May 15, 2016

My husband and coffee are my best friends

I had to take a walk today
to get away, far, far away.
My hubby said I could not stay,
just get away, so far away.


My baby refused to nap today,
instead to cry, not even play,
and so I ran, I got away,
I got away, so far away.


The sea and beach were a bus away, 
and a sharav was stuck through the next day.
Coffee was close, so I walked there
without a baby pulling my hair.


I spent five shek on coffee, didn't care
if it was too good, I didn't share.
I sat on a bench, in the heat, on the street,
Relaxed my muscles, from my neck to my feet.


I people-watched, I sipped
from my straw, heaven dripped,
until finally it was done,
I had to return to the fun.


And so I took a walk today,
back to my house, not far away,
I took the baby from hubby's arms,
and laid into baby with all my (caffeinated) charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment